Our 2013 - 2014 Rental Season has begun. Please be aware when comparing University Hill Realty homes with the competition, we are ENERGY STAR for your financial $avings, and to help preserve the earth for future generations. All rental units are unfurnished. Tenants pay all utilities. Please take your time and review all interior photos and floor plans. Thank you for reading this message and please tell all of your friends about us.
HOUSEHOLD TRASH AND RECYCLABLES WEEKLY COLLECTIONS
Please observe these simple rules:
Set out household trash and recyclables in plain view adjacent to the curb line or edge of the road after 8 p.m. on the night before your scheduled trash pick up or before 6 a.m. on your Trash Day. You may use three 30-gallon trash cans or clear trash bags. Maximum weight per container is 50 pounds.
All other trash must be properly separated.
Recyclables will be collected the same day. Cardboard boxes MUST be uncontaminated, flattened, cut up, and set in or next to the Blue Bin. DO NOT PUT TRASH IN BOXES. There will be no limits. Cardboard boxes MUST be flattened to 3 ft x 3 ft and set in or next to the Blue Bins. Plastic bottles and glass jars should be rinsed and placed in the Blue Bins.
To schedule bulk household trash pick up, which must not exceed two (2) cubic yards, (approximately the size of a washer and dryer set side by side) call 448-CITY two days in advance of the regularly scheduled trash day. Bulk household trash includes furniture, appliances, carpets, mattresses, scrap metal, etc. Each resident is entitled to four (4) bulk pick-ups per year.
For details on how residents may dispose of excess trash or construction debris contact the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency (OCRRA) 453-2870.
YARD WASTE (April - October Only): The city collects yard waste on a monthly quadrant schedule. You are residents of the Southeast quadrant. Pick up is during the weeks following the second Sunday of the month. Call 448-CITY for additional questions.
Please plan ahead when preparation to move out. The following information will help with this process:
REMOVE ALL PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND TRASH OFF THE PROPERTY to avoid potentially high contractor costs to be subtracted from your security deposit. Cleaning and property removal charges tend to be the greatest deduction from the security deposit. Cleaning company rates are approximately $20.00 per hour, per person. Plan ahead and put out unwanted belongings during normal trash pick up over the last few weeks of your lease. Comply with all City trash requirements. We strongly urge you to clean your apartment or house very well as outlined below:
1. Wash dirt and grease off walls, trim, doors, light fixtures, switch plates, etc. throughout your unit.
2. Dust and wipe down baseboards and remove cobwebs.
3. Clean windows including window sills.
4. Vacuum and shampoo carpets, damp mop hardwood floors, and wash and wax linoleum floors. Furnish the office with a dated receipt for shampooing carpets when you surrender the keys. Clean floor vents.
5. Clean bathroom(s) completely; scrub sink, toilet, tub, floors, and walls.
6. Clean the stove, refrigerator and dishwasher, leaving no residue or food on or behind/under the appliances.
7. Wash inside and outside of kitchen cabinets and shelves.
8. Clean washer and dryer if applicable.
9. Clean all closets, hallways, stairways, basement and attic if applicable.
Repairs and Maintenance
1. Remove all nails, tape, hooks, window hardware etc. Patch, sand, prime and paint if holes or marks were created.
2. Repaint any walls and trim that were painted with colors other than bone white. Typical repainting charges run $300-$400 per room. We will supply free bone white paint. Use flat on ceilings only (not including kitchen and bathroom(s) and use semi-gloss bone white on all other areas.
3. Repair or replace all broken windows and torn screens.
4. Clear all clogged drains. Licensed plumbers charge $80.00 minimum for clogged drains.
5. Leave all smoke detectors, light bulbs and fixtures in working order.
6. Exterminate any insect or rodent infestations.
7. If you had pets, repair any pet damage, remove all pet hair and professionally exterminate premises for fleas.
1. Remove all belongings and trash from the entire apartment including the attic and basement. Go to WWW.syracuse.ny.us/Services/Guide to Key City Services to be sure you comply with all City ordinances. Also visit www.OCRRA.org for additional recycling information.
2. You may sell or give items away on www.craigslist.org , Givetoothers.com or by contacting the Rescue Mission at www.rmsyr.org or Salvation Army at www.sasyr.org .
3. If you need large trash removal, please arrange with either the City of Syracuse (448-CITY) or a private hauler of your choice.
4. Pay all unpaid late charges, rents, water usage, etc.
You must vacate your unit by noon on the last day of the lease. On or before lease expiration, you must come to the office and surrender ALL of your keys. At that time, you will fill out a form indicating you have returned your keys, and leave the name and good forwarding address of ONE person for the security deposit return. Failure to comply will result in a holdover charge and/or a delay in the return of your security deposit check.
If there are any questions please contact us at www.universityhill.com or by phone at 315-422-0709.
Properties within the Special Neighborhood District have the opportunity to participate in an optional trash collection program for three weeks following the end of the semester. Due to excess trash generated by student move outs during this time, the City DPW will be offering extra trash pick-ups in the area for a reasonable fee.
For $225 per property, DPW will remove excess trash Monday through Thursday, May 6 through 23. Property owners who wish to participate must sign up in advance.
Property owners may opt to hire their own private haulers to remove excess trash if they do not wish to participate in the municipal program. If property owners do not participate in this program, any violations of regular city code will be cited, and will result in a minimum fine of $225 per violation.
All properties will still be entitled to their regular weekly pick-up, free of the extra charge.
Click on the City or Syracuse website link for more information or to sign up for the program: